A Virtual EIR Scoping Session and Community Meeting will be held July 7 at 6:30 p.m.
More information is available at Common Sense for San Jose West’s website, including:
- Redevelopment plans submitted with the re-zoning application in December
- Details about the EIR Scoping Session/Community Meeting on July 7
- Estimated project timeline
The El Paseo de Saratoga Ave & 1777 Saratoga Ave Mixed Use Village (PDC19-049) is progressing through the City of San Jose’s Signature Project approval process. The Planning Division will host a virtual Environmental Impact Review Scoping Session/Community Meeting, in coordination with the developer, to discuss the project, provide design updates, and accept public comment.
The Sand Hill Property Company has proposed building 731-850 residential units, 10- and 12-story/122- and 132-ft buildings, and an educational facility serving up to 2,500 K-12 students on this 10.7 acre site. This is a major project — the first in the wider redevelopment of the surrounding Paseo de Saratoga Urban Village — which will greatly impact our community and our neighbors.
The Moreland West Neighborhood Association encourages residents to learn about the proposed project, attend the virtual meeting on July 7, and send any questions/feedback to:
- The Sand Hill Property Company at email@example.com
- Michelle Flores, Project Manager in the Planning Division, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cassidy Kohl, Council Policy & Legislative Director, Office of Vice Mayor Chappie Jones, at Cassidy.Kohl@sanjoseca.gov
- Moreland West NA at email@example.com
We’ve discussed the proposed project at several past meetings. Resident feedback will continue to guide our neighborhood association’s comments on this proposal.